Thursday, April 24, 2008

Colors & Textures & Patterns Oh My!

OK I'm slacking (I haven't posted in almost a week! and I was doing so well) I figured I would talk about one of my favorite materialistic things (no pun intended) - Fabric!, Glorious Fabric! I Love Fabric! If you don't share the same enthusiasm, you may think I'm crazy. I love going to the fabric store just to see what new selections they have in. I don't even necessarily need to be working on a project! (free time - I obviously don't have children) I love how the patterns and colors can conger up old memories or emotions and can totally change your mood.


One of the things I love about fabric is the intricacies of the design. Some may never think about the pattern or how it came about, but a lot of thought was put into the color choices and placement of lines. A well thought out design catches your eye, it has stucture and colors that compliment each other, it is unique but vaguely familiar all at the same time. One of my favorite fabric desingners is Amy Butler (a few of her designs pictured here)

The next time you go to buy a new chair or coach pillows don't just settle for the standard. Consider stopping by your local fabric store and select a fabric that screams YOU! Make your chair yours and really claim the design!

4 comments:

Janel said...

I really love all those colors. How fun! Where can you get Amy Butler?

Jen said...

Cute fabrics! I love looking at fabrics too! I've bought fabric just because I loved it and not for any particular project. It's a real problem!

Denise said...

If you need a project I will be more than willing to give you one! I like putting three or four colors and patterns together for a purse or something. It takes me 2 hours just to find the fabric I want. I have yet to start my purse/scripture bag I bought the fabric for! Very fun fabrics!

Joy said...

I love to buy and IRON fabric. Isn't that weird? I hate ironing unless it's new fabric.