Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mmmmmmmm!



I went to a cooking class at Thanksgiving Point! It was a class on making rolls. It was a lot of fun. This is my 2nd class I have taken there. The teachers are so fun and interactive. We used one recipe to make dinner rolls, bread, sweet rolls, and scones (my favorite). I had originally planned on taking the class in February, but a big snow storm hit when I was trying to get there. I was stuck on the free-way for 8 hours (it was awful). I took my parents up to the airport and then was just planning on stopping at the class on the way home. I had their van so that made it even worse, I'm not used to a car that big. Can you just see me trying to maneuver through the snowy, icy streets, trying to change lanes!!!!-- again it was just awful! I think it took me 3 hours just to make it to the I-15 on ramp from I-80 (the spaghetti bowl) right when I got there - they closed it! It was too icy and people couldn't get up it. so I had to take State Street all the way home. I finally did make it home, and went straight to bed. Thanksgiving Point rescheduled the class for all of us who missed it, I am amazed anyone was able to make it. The recipe is really good. The scones even tasted good the next day and that never happens. They usually taste like a greased sponge!

3 comments:

Janel said...

Mmmmmm is right! I just put back on the 2 pound I lost. (You cant just have one they are soooo good)

Jen said...

Those look SO good! Maybe you'll have to post the recipe and instructions so we can all put on weight together!

Denise said...

Where is the recipe? I need a recipe for my recipe blog! You do know that swimsuit season is just around the corner...I can't gain 2 pounds :) They look really good though!!