Tuesday, April 15, 2008

We Love You Mom!


For National Librarians day (Today!) Courtney and I decided to decorate our mom's office. We had to be sneaky about it because she is always into our business, wanting to know where we're going, what we're doing, what we are working on, (which is why she is such a great Mom!) It just makes it harder to do something for her in secret! So we had to really try hard to be vague about things for the past few days. We also had to sneak her keys out of her purse because she locks her office every night. We took them while she was watching sports so we were in the clear there!



We put streamers all over her office and balloons all over the floor. It was nice doing something for her to let her know that we love her and appreciate her. She might think differently when she has to clean it up!





Here is Courtney caught in the act! In her cute new shirt.


I baked cookies for her to share with the other Librarians and put them on a stick to look like flowers. You can't tell in the photo but I smashed some of the icing while I was trying to assemble the arrangement! So they didn't look as nice. I get so frustrated sometimes because things never seem to turn out the way I want them to. Does this happen to anyone else?






OK, now I have to go finish doing my TAXES!!!! I know, I know I shouldn't have left them to the last minute, and I'm getting a refund. You would think that the prospect of getting money would be a motivation to get them done! who knows what my problem is!!!!


4 comments:

Jillian said...

How fun! What did Mom say?

Good luck with your taxes!

Stacy Alexandra said...

Mom thought it was great! But so much for being overly cautious. She had no clue that we were up to something. And never even suspected us. She accused Nicole (work friend)of doing it and said she found a hair on one of the balloons and was going to have it tested for DNA and was sure it would come back positive for Nicole. Janel called her late in the day to ask how she liked it and that is how she found out who did it!

Jen said...

I think that's so great that you did that for your mom! And very sneaky! I love the flower cookies, you're so talented! And does anything turn out how you plan it?!

Denise said...

Love it, very creative. Mom deserves something like that. I love that she blamed Nicole :) The flower cookies looked great. You are too hard on yourself. If I had made them they would have ended up broken in half on a plate!

Cute shirt Courtney!