Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Birthday Gift

I am sooo excited. My Birthday present from my parents came today! They got me a complete set of measuring cups and spoons (I love kitchen gadgets). This may seem like a strange gift to some, but I think they are so pretty, I love the shape of the them the most. They ordered them through King Arthur Flour which is a really fun shop. They also carry all the odd ingredients that the grocery stores don't carry. It is fun to browse through their catalog and make a wish list. They also have some really good recipes on their website. I think 2 of my hobbies are collecting kitchen gadgets, and collecting recipes. One of these years I will put both of them to better use.





Speaking of recipes I have a large tub of them that I have collected over the years. My goal this year is to get them all complied into one book. That way I won't lose anymore and I will know where they are. I don't know how many times I have taken a recipe out of the box to make it and then forgot to put it back, and then lose it - so sad! The tub is now overflowing, so I think it is time to take action!




What's your favorite Kitchen Gadget/Tool?

4 comments:

Jillian said...

I love kitchen gadgets too. I don't know why, though, because I don't really enjoy using them ...

Denise said...

They are very cute. I have never heard of them but I might need to browse them online. I love to collect recipes. I started to combine all my recipes into a book last year. I have most of them types up on a computer program so I am close to being finished!!

My favorite kitchen gadget is... let me think. I would say my kitchen Aid mixer. What would I do without it!

Courtney said...

I love rubber spatulas.

Jen said...

We just got an immersion blender this weekend and I keep thinking of all sorts of uses for it! I like those measure spoons, very cool.