Monday, December 1, 2008

Dream Project

One day I would love to restore an older home. I would learn the history, find out what the original colors where, everything! That will be one Expensive project, but it will be fun. I don't think I would keep the house, just restore it and then sell it. I have this thing with older houses being haunted! Anyway I grabbed a book off the shelf at the library the other day called "New Old House" It was all about home restoration. It took you through the whole process from start to finish, right down to what permits you will need and time lines, it was great, and it had lots of photos! The whole time I was reading the book I kept thinking the woman doing the restoration looked so much like Martha Stewart. I mean just look at these pictures. Don't you see some kind of resemblance?





Finally I was near the end when the resemblance started to bug me. So I finally looked at the cover to see who the author was and guess what! It was Martha Stewart. Crazy! That was my goof ball moment of the week! Ya gotta have at least one a week, right? Although I have many!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I've always wanted to do the same thing and then I started remodeling! It's not as fun as it looks. The Martha Stewart thing...I was thinking that even the way she holds her head looks like her. Love it, that's funny!

Denise said...

Ha ha that's funny! Before you even said she reminded you of Martha Stewart I was thinking the same thing. Crazy! I bet it is a ton of work but very rewarding in the end.

Joy said...

I too have always wanted to do that. Now I think I wasn't to be rich enough to hire someone to do it for me!